A Bounty of Health

A Bounty of Health
We're gonna live large this week!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Quinoa

Interesting article from the NY Times on Quinoa. I never knew it was related to beets and spinach, but I guess that's what makes it a power food.

NY TIMES

The article also includes some interesting observations about food prices as demand grows and the impact on grower nations. I guess taste for processed junk food is universal, unfortunately.

In our house, we never waste Quinoa. It tastes great by itself, and I never throw any of it away -- it is pretty expensive. I would love to try it in a drink, too. Too bad the article doesn't show readers how to make the traditional Bolivian drink.

Has anyone come across a recipe? I know I'll be searching for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment