A Bounty of Health

A Bounty of Health
We're gonna live large this week!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Need A Motivational Boost?

Do you need a gentle "kick in the pants" to stay in control of holiday eating?  I've blogged about the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart in the past, which will start up again after Jan 1. But what about NOW -- with the Thanksgiving and Christmas season looming ahead? If you want to avoid the typical weight gain of 5 to 10 holiday pounds, why not join a group of like-minded and similarly motivated people.


Dr. Joel Furhman, food guru extraordinaire, has a Holiday Challenge going on. Why not check it out and join? You'll get the lasting benefit of journeying through the holiday season without gorging yourself, without gaining weight, but he's also offering (drum roll) PRIZES! Can anyone say, Florida!?

Check out his website here, and take some time to explore the uber-valuable information on his site, including podcasts and books. Two if Dr. Fuhrman's books are on my Christmas wishlist, for sure!

Here's to the beginning of a plant-strong, healthy holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog and can't wait to sit and absorb it all!!! I recently switched to a vegan, and now plant based diet. I have 3 small children and just found out we are having a 4th!!!! Do you mind if I link your blog to mine so I can check it out often?

    Thanks!!!!
    Miranda J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miranda! And welcome!
      It's a great journey for sure, and I'm finally seeing some of the fruit of my labor with my own children. At ages 9 and 12, they are finally taking ownership and actually making good food decisions on their own--sometimes!
      I've been somewhat silent on the blog for awhile, but plan to get going with it again soon.

      Delete