A Bounty of Health

A Bounty of Health
We're gonna live large this week!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Twist

With Thanksgiving coming upon us, you'll want to check out Whole Food's website for alternative recipes. In my family, I know I can't convince people to forego turkey; my husband can't wait to have turkey! There would be a revolt if I even mentioned it, and I'm not hosting so I can't impose that on other people anyway.

I am looking around for good harvest recipes so I can bring some different dishes. I know I don't want to end my Thanksgiving day with my pants unbuttoned because I'm so full, but I now some people are probably looking forward to that experience.

I have found some great recipes at the Whole Food's site that I'm going to try, such as the Lentil Loaf. I recently made Quinoa Cakes, and they were delish! I shared them with a friend  and she loved them (right Julie? -chime in!). These recipes are both reminiscent of stuffing, and I'm still on the hunt for a good veggie dish to bring as well. Another great site is the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart, by PCRM.

So, as you plan for Thanksgiving, take  a baby step. Think: whole foods, plant-based, nutrient rich, healthy fat. Add one dish that is an alternative to your traditional meal. Why not try a low-fat version of sweet potatoes, for example. Sweet potatoes are so good for you, but we generally slather them with butter and marshmellows.

The baby step for this week is try a new Thanksgiving dish and share your experience here. What are you planning on making?

No comments:

Post a Comment